Rhodes Restorations: Mal's Stereo 88
This piano like a lot of other Rhodes has had a hard life.
Mal wanted to have it completely restored then it will stay in his studio. .
The Rhodes came to us and was evaluated and a report given to Mal
The work done:
- Top piano section stripped to case. Base section stripped to case
- All components divided into individual sections.
- Keyframe. Keys, Harp.Preamp. Amps. Power supply. Speakers. Metal work
- Screws nuts caps corners etc.
- Tolex removed, case sanded refilled prepared, New speaker baffle made
- Retolexed new metal work fitted, New speaker grill, Mk1 style, Customer's choice
- Keyframe restored set and levelled, keys polished profiled. New bush's felts. Pins polished and set-up
- Keys fitted levelled. Replaced 16 pickups. Preamp repopulated and Vib adjusted to a slower speed, Amps restored to original spec and power supply soak tested. New cables speaker loom jacks phono mains etc. Refit. Tuned dynamic balance action adjusted.
- Soak test.
The Customer is very happy.